Tuesday, September 15, 2015

First Days...

     "Tales from 7th Grade" will probably become an ongoing thing as I blend "posting chapters for my book" and "sharing what's happening in the present day" going forward. Here's a bit about my first two days of teaching middle school...




     In addition to drawing this when a student asked what my scar looks like after I told my transplant story, the following took place on the first full day...

*My voice cracks while I am talking...

Me: Did my voice just crack?

Numerous kids (laughing): Yes!

Me: Well, congratulations, I guess ALL of us are going through puberty then.

*12 year old girl lays her face on her desk a la Charlie Brown 

😲😁😂😂😂

And here's my first day of school photo-- all the teachers wore our new staff shirts. It felt very odd to be sans necktie on the first day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment