Friday, January 29, 2016

A Little Dab'll Do Ya

I kept up my end of the agreement after my students went an entire class period (over 50 minutes!) without asking me to dance, mentioning dancing in general, or doing any actual dancing themselves. I promised I would "dab" for them if they could achieve this feat, but decided to pretend I didn't know what I was doing and trolled them by playing dumb and doing other dances first. And I couldn't resist introducing them to the Batusi ("popularized" by Adam West when he portrayed Batman in the 60's) before I descended from my platform. I wish I could post the entire video, but several of my students are in it, so the pictures will have to suffice. :)


This is precisely the sort of goofy moment I missed so much when I was on leave from teaching. It was made even more memorable by the fact that I had dressed up for Winter Gear Spirit Day. 

Now we'll see if this earns me enough good will with my students to get them to write and read poetry in the upcoming unit of study without complaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment