Thursday, March 10, 2016

Middle School Talent Show

I was honored to be a part of the Middle School Talent Show last Friday, along with several other teachers, all of whom did some sort of lip sync performance.  Lip syncing is, by far, the type of performance most in my wheelhouse.  I am a terrible singer, but I've done lip sync performances in competitions (my first was when I was in 7th grade) and have performed a lip sync for my students each time I taught Drama and Speech at the high school (to help inspire them before they did their own).  I allowed my 7th grade students to vote on which song I would do, and the top vote getter was "Single Ladies" by BeyoncĂ©.  I was grateful that the runner-up song (which only lost by two votes) was one that was more doable.  I could probably handle the dancing for Single Ladies (I danced to it while following the choreography on a large screen when chaperoning Prom last year) or just the lip syncing, but not both.  So, "Wrecking Ball" was the song I did, and, as the video shows, I was able to win over the students despite their initial uncertainty, and the fact that, out of everyone in the crowd, only 35 of the students actually know me, since I teach only one class of students each day.

Please enjoy "Wrecking Ball," with the Physical Education teacher making a surprise appearance in the background.  (His role turned out to be my son's favorite part, as he requested we re-watch the video to see his antics multiple times.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gilwTifM43k

No comments:

Post a Comment