Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Father's Day Collaboration

This year, I spent Father's Day totally one-on-one with my son, since my wife is currently taking her mom and aunt on a tour of Ireland, an my own dad's plans (along with the plans of my two brothers) did not permit all of us to be in the same place at the same time.

My son and I decided to make a music video to showcase not our vocal talents (because as you will hear, I have none) but rather to debut a little song we wrote based on the lyrics to Sinatra's classic "L-O-V-E."  We sing this together every night when it's my turn to put him to bed, and have done so for a little over a year.  It was high time we did something more with it-- which meant deciding on what would be the best ways to visualize the lyrics.

It was a true collaborative effort, complete with me becoming exasperated at the mistakes we both made as we attempted to get everything just right in a one-take shot.  I think we needed about ten attempts before we got it, but as Lego Batman would say, "First try!"

We are so pleased with how it turned out, and I am thrilled to have this Father's Day memento to look back on once the sad but inevitable day arrives: the day when he no longer needs or wants me to sing to him each night before he falls asleep.

But that's a long ways off-- here and now, without further ado, is our music video: "L is for Star Wars."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment