Sunday, May 3, 2015

It's Not What You Know...

In my speech at the CF Family Retreat, I referenced the book I wrote in second grade, I'm Short and Have CF.  It provides an excellent glimpse into the perspectives of 8-year-old Evin. The entire text of the story appears below, along with a few photos of some of the more precious illustrations. 

Short is not fun. Sometimes I get in people's way. I'm the shortest one in my class, and probably the whole school too!

But I can run fast!  It makes me feel good that I can run fast. 

It's not my fault that I'm short. I was born that way. 

My lungs collapsed and I have Cystic Fibrosis, that's why I'm short. 

Every six months I have to go to Detroit to have a check up. I have to take enzymes to grind up my food. 

Every night I have a treatment. I sit on my mom or dad. They cup their hands and hit me gently. 

Except for having CF, I'm okay. Even though I'm short, I do have friends and that makes me feel good!

The End. 




No comments:

Post a Comment