Monday, May 4, 2015

... It's Who You Know.

In my speech at the CF Family Retreat, I also mentioned the book I wrote for the "Young Authors" assignment in 4th grade, titled A Day at CF Camp. I'm so glad my ten-year-old self chose to record these details-- I had completely forgotten about some of them. I think it is noteworthy that I included so many specifics about camp, but don't explain what Cystic Fibrosis is whatsoever.  The full text and a few photos of my most excellent illustrations follow.

This book is dedicated to all my friends at camp. 

Every day at CF camp is very tiring. 

You get up, get dressed, brush your teeth, wash your face, and go outside. 

Then one of the cooks rings the bell for breakfast. 

After that you can do lots of things: go for a run, play frisbee, four square, dodge ball, or volley ball. 

Next you eat lunch, but before that you wash up. 

After lunch you rest in your bunk until the counselors let you out. 

In the afternoon you pair off with your counselor and you can play human knot, memory ball, long jump, boccie ball, or go swimming. 

The cooks ring the dinner bell, and then you eat dinner. 

After that you get a treatment for a half hour. 

Before camp you set back your watch one hour so you go to bed ten o' clock camp time. 

On two special nights you go to bed later. On the third night we have a dance and on the last night we have a bonfire. 












No comments:

Post a Comment